Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's Fall in our 'hood

So, the leaves of our "mature landscaping" are coming down in earnest now. We knew it would suck... but it has eclipsed our wildest dreams :)

Scott spent all weekend outside doing manly things like raking, picking up pinecones (he counted 511 in our backyard) and blowing leaves with a wussy electric leaf blower (contrasted to the super manly gas-powered kind.) And now, it's raining... woohoo. That brings down more leaves. Not sure if this pic (out the window of our house) does it justice, but we have like a fortress of leaves along the curb. As does the entire neighborhood. There's a big leaf-sucker truck that comes twice in the next 2 months to remove them, I'm pretty excited to see that. Maybe I'm a 10-year old boy?

Yup, looks like we've done nothing. Awesome.

Also this weekend, Scott put up a clothesline for me! I feel so dorky and domestic getting SO excited about this, but it truly will save us on our power bill and will make our clothes & sheets smell lovely. I even figured out where to find clothespins... (at Target, by the Laundry drying racks & the like.) Bonus - $1.54 for 50! Oh, and since I mentioned it's raining, and probably will be for most of the week due to Ida, I don't think I'll get to test it out for a while.

See it, out there in the corner? It actually gets some sunlight too, so maybe I can bleach out stains. :)

3 comments:

Callie said...

Did he have a clothes hanger building guide? Or a kit or something? Or did he just build it "from scratch?" I'd love to have a real clothes hanger one day!

Jamie McQ said...

He did it from 3 4x4's. It was impressive... we thought they'd have kits but they didn't at our Lowe's so he just bought the material and did some research online on how to get it all up and sturdy.

Kelly F. said...

I would recommend spending the extra 1.54 for a second pack. 50 doesn't go too far if you're serious about hanging out your laundry. And also your little girl will pull them apart and break them, and you'll let her because at least it's keeping her busy while you get the laundry hanging :)