Monday, January 14, 2008

Blink

What a cool book! It was especially fun to read because it's a "Scott" kind of book, so I kept telling him about it and we had some lively discussion. Before you all get scared thinking it's about computer programming, let me explain. Scott focuses on human affect and emotion, psychology and their relation to technology. I know, cool, right!?

One of the main ideas of this book is that often we know in an instant, but feel the need to back up our snap judgments with research and investigation, which can often change what our gut reaction was. He also says that oftentimes you can make a decision with less as opposed to more information. All of it is very counter-intuitive, but it definitely makes sense. And I doubt my summary makes any sense, but all I can say is this book was a very quick read, and really interesting. If you want to read more about it...

Up next - Love In The Time of Cholera. I can only cross my fingers I finish it this month!! :)

1 comment:

Kelly F. said...

I honestly believe you have read more books for pleasure in the last year than I have read in my life. I wish I would read more. I really count on your reviews though - thanks for weeding them out for me!