Sunday, January 6, 2008

Pizza Mac & Cheese

I was so intrigued when I saw this recipe - those of you who know me well know that I love Kraft Mac & Cheese... and though I'm all grown up and have expanded my horizons considerably since that "phase" (ie...vegetables & stuff) this recipe still hits the spot. Scott is also a big fan.

Pizza Mac & Cheese

1 can (8 oz.) pizza sauce, divided
1 pkg. (7-1/4 oz.) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner, prepared as directed on package (I always half the butter to keep it healthy, you could also use Smart Balance for an even healthier option.)
1 lb. extra lean ground beef, cooked, divided (No surprise here, we always use turkey burger)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup 2% milk low moisture Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Remove and set aside 1/4 cup of the pizza sauce for later use. Combine prepared Dinner, the meat, the remaining pizza sauce, egg and seasonings.

SPOON evenly into 9-inch pie plate. Top with reserved 1/4 cup pizza sauce; sprinkle with cheese.

BAKE 15 min. Let stand 5 min. before serving.

OH, and the best part! It makes 4 VERY generous servings...

No comments: