Saturday, April 26, 2008

Oh Weekend, How Do I Love Thee...

I realized I haven't blogged in a while so I just wanted to check in and say hello! Here are some updates...

1. (sing it w/ me) Schoooool's out for Summah! I completed my first graduate class... I'm not gonna lie, it wasn't awesome, but I have high hopes for the ones I've enrolled in for the Fall. This class wasn't as good as I'd hoped bc it was primarily technology based...like not any writing and editing (even though it was entitled: Advanced Technical Writing and Editing...) but all web design and flash, etc. Not my bag. But hopefully I did alright and the good thing is it's out of the way and on to writing and editing!

2. Scott's Job Search update - no news there. We're waiting to hear from the NC company. He did hear about an opportunity in which he's really interested that's in either Boston or DC Area. He's been invited there for an interview in the coming weeks, maybe I'll even get to tag along and test drive the area in case it's a good fit!

3. Philly 10-miler - T minus 8 days! Yikes! Getting back in shape after being away and not running as much as I'd planned while I was away was undeniably hard. I *think* I might be close to in shape at this point...I'm attempting 7 miles tomorrow, putting me at 19 miles for the week and then doing a week of lighter runs to rest my body up. I'm excited for a weekend w/ my friends too!

4. Only 3 weeks until the BEEEEACH! Scott's entire family is coming down to NC and getting a house on the Outer Banks and we are sooo excited for a week away (I know, I know, what was Italy...but this is all relaxing and being beach bums!) I'll be done w/ my job by then and all I'll have to focus on is getting excited for my NEW job at IBM and not getting sunburned.

I think that's it for now... I'm nearing the end of Pride and Prejudice, and my mom, sister and I are hitting an Obama rally Monday night, so surely I'll have some updates throughout the week! Scott and I have a yummy dinner of chicken tacos, margaritas and brownies in a little while - Fun!!

No comments: