Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Guess Where We're Going?

Florence and Rome!!!

Scott is presenting at a conference in Florence in early April and he's taking little old me along! This will be our big vacation to celebrate Scott's getting his PhD. ** We're so excited, and we've been monitoring airfares all week to try to get the lowest rate. It's stressing me out, since they fluctuate so much. For instance we were *thisclose* to buying the tickets last night, but didn't. Bam, this morning they're up $200. Ugh. So we're still waiting, and will likely make the big purch mid next week since that's when they're supposed to be cheapest. (By the way, I saw an article that online tickets are at their cheapest at midnight on Wednesdays. Untrue, and I had to stay up til midnight to debunk that, too!)

So, just had to share that in an official way w/ the world. :) If anyone has any books that take place in Italy I could read to get any more excited (yeah, like that's possible...) I'd love some suggestions. I'm looking for a copy of Angels & Demons (which I used to own but think I loaned to someone...)... any others I might enjoy?

And any of you who have been there done that to Rome or Florence, I would love some trip advice, since we have to see the eternal city in 3 short days, and I'll get to do lots of sightseeing on my own in Florence (possibly even a daytrip, I was thinking Pisa). I think we're going to take Carmen (our Garmin), and download the European maps. Feel free to email me.

--
**IF he passes his dissertation. Which he totally will, but he keeps reminding me it's not a sure thing. Of course he'll pass, but I'm just humoring him. :)

No comments: