Thursday, February 14, 2008

Jamie's Spring Race Schedule and Thoughts on Running

So, I have finally settled on my spring race schedule. I'm super excited, going to be running more challenging races and using it as quality time w/ friends and family too.

10k - 3/30 - Cary, NC

**big challenge here will be staying in shape while visiting Italy 4/5 - 4/15...**

10 miler - Philadelphia, PA - 5/4! I'm so excited for this one, I'm doing it with Nikki Rodgers and her entourage, and any of my friends from PA who are man enough!! :) It's the Broad Street Run, expecting 17,000 people. So yeah, it'll be pretty big. I'm hoping to place (haha, jk, actually I'm hoping to finish w/out walking!) Plus it's also a fun weekend w/ friends in the city.

5k - 6/14 - Komen Race For The Cure in downtown Raleigh! I roped Ashley and Dad into doing this w/ me too...

I've been really enjoying running through the winter in NC (which is mild enough so that most weeks I get at least 1 run in where I get to wear shorts - don't hate.) I've been running over my lunch break too, which is admittedly a little crazy, but I like it. Yesterday I got downpoured on, which was not as good as it could be.

I am loving the Nike + bc it motivates me so much. I just got to a big milestone - I've run 100 miles!! Since my birthday! Do you want to view my certificate from Nike +? I know you do.

Oh...and Happy Valentine's Day! :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Walden said...

So I am totally in awh of your race plans. I only wish I could build my stamina up to withstand a marathon. You are like my little Gail Devers. :)