Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mac & Cheese

I love this recipe - I don't even know why I tried it, since I'm not a big fan of cottage cheese. It grosses me out. But even though it's a pretty prominent ingredient, it doesn't really seem like cottage cheese. It's also really healthy too. I made it with some marinated chicken in the oven! Scott's pulling another long day, followed by some sculpting of his guns (ie: the gym) but he'll be so excited when he gets home!! :)

Ingredients
4 cups cooked elbow macaroni (2 cups uncooked)
2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/2 cup skim milk
2 tbs. chopped onion (The food processor is awesome for getting the onion ground to a pulp)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 eggs
4 tbsp breadcrumbs (I used saltines then threw 'em in the food processor)
1 tbsp. reduced-calorie stick margarine, melted

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine first 9 ingredients. Spoon into an 9x12 casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
3. Combine breadcrumbs and margarine. Stir well. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over casserole. Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover casserole and bake an additional 5 minutes.

No comments: