Thursday, June 5, 2008

Broad Street Run Pics!

I finally got my official time for the Broad Street Run (a few weeks ago, actually, but I never really posted about it)...1:41.03! Go me! I'm really proud of my time, it's right around where I wanted to come in, in the 10 min/mile pace neighborhood.

So, here are some pics of the run and the runners... it ended up being a gorgeous day after all was said and done, though it was cloudy and muggy for the start. I keep thinking back to what a fabulous time I had and hope I can do it again in years to come! Luckily Nikki's parents came out to support us and to photograph us :)

Nik running with City Hall in the background. If you look *really* hard you can see the outline of me, in the blue shirt and orange hat behind the girl in the white sleeveless shirt. IDK what I'm doing w/ my hands.


The race, at about the 9 mile marker. I remember bc this is where they were playing the Rocky music and where I wanted to die.


Me, post race, feeling like I pretty much own the world!


Sarah & Eric - they really kicked butt in the race! Those Millers are good runners!




The whole crew of runners!


Morgan and Nikki!


The Etown runners - pretty funny, huh? I'm still waiting to hear back from the Chronicle for getting a Smile of the Week placement. LOL...no really. Nikki, me, Eric, Sarah, Morgan and Heather - Go Bears!

And in related running news - I got new shoes yesterday and a new lease on my running life :) I am so excited to give them a try this afternoon and hopefully my knees won't hate me like they have been the past few weeks. Stupid Nikes!

No comments: