Thursday, June 5, 2008

STAYING in North Carolina!!!!!!

We're STAYING in NC! OMG, the offer was just finalized with the NC company (I'm not posting the name so it's less searchable ;) ) yesterday and we are both ecstatic and relieved with the situation! Such a huge weight lifted off us, we feel amazing.

Since a lot of it happened without us telling everyone everything, let me give you a rundown of the last few days...

Last Friday, Scott negotiated the offer he got in Maryland to the point where it was doable for us. Having not heard a word from the NC company in a month or so , we pretty much filed that opportunity in the "Dream On" column. And with the Boston job off the table (rejection, sniff sniff) we were being realistic and optimistic about starting over in DC. All weekend we discussed Maryland like it was gonna happen, got excited about it, looked at apartments and houses and metro maps online, etc. It was okay too...

So Monday who calls? Ah yes, the NC company, once again proving that all you need to get an offer is another offer. And it's a new vice president who wants to "meet" with Scott. Well, that's fine and dandy, but we're thinking, he's already "met" with them like 3 times, worked there for 4 years and ... They must have heard our pleas because the "meeting" ended up being the two of them basically writing up Scott's dream job. He received a verbal offer then, and a firm, hard copy offer Thursday. It's gonna happen folks... we're staying in NC. And Scott's gonna be a working in an educational software group.

::Sigh of relief:: While I was excited and in some ways truly looking forward to moving to the DC area, I'm wholeheartedly thrilled to be staying. With the cost of living, it was really a no brainier just purely based on numbers, and other factors definitely made it a clear choice once it was all laid out. I am so happy to be able to "stay the course" on my internship, masters degree and life in NC. And of course, Scott is also really excited and happy to be working for an amazing company with totally ridiculous benefits. He'll have a SALARY... did I mention that? :)

What we're the most excited about is that it's OVER! We no longer have to live in this limbo and discuss possibilities and probabilities and if this happens, then we should do this, blah blah blah. We're living in NC and it's gonna continue to rock.

10 comments:

Mrs. Walden said...

That is great and I must say for my own selfish reasons I am glad that you are staying here. Best of luck to you and Scottie Boy and I am so excited for him. We have to catch up real soon.

Beth Anne said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Selfishly, I wanted you to stay here although I knew y'all would go where you were meant to be! I'm just thankful you'll here :)

Suz said...

Yay! Congrats again to Scott!

Mere said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! I know you must be extremely relieved to finally have this decision made!!!
We'll have to go out to celebrate sometime. :)

Kelly F. said...

Yay! Congrats to BOTH of you. All that hard work and waiting is finally paying off at last. Time to celebrate!

jess said...

YAY! Congrats to Scott and I'm so glad you're staying in NC :).

Jenny said...

Congrats, McQs!!

Amy Baker said...

Yay!!!! I am so excited for you and Scott! Casey and I were just saying how horrible it would be for you guys to leave when Scott would finally have some time to "hang out!" We are so excited for you! Yay!!! I am jumping up and down! :)

KA said...

Yay! So glad you guys are staying!

Anonymous said...

Jaimie, great news that you and Scott will remain in NC.
Heard the Duck vacation was great.
i was in HH with Barb and children at the same time.
Love, Aunt Jeanne