Thursday, June 12, 2008

Goodbye Crappy Gym - Hello Cheap Corporate Gym!

Well, Scott and I have made the tough decision to leave Peak Fitness. We locked in to $10/month (each) rate back when we moved down here 4 years ago and until now it hasn't been worth it to break that ridiculously cheap contract. And I mean, we've stuck with them through transitioning names and ownership, closing our most convenient location and just generally shoddy service and facilities. Let's not beat around the bush, they suck and if they're no longer worth $10/month, that's saying something, you know? This is me telling the internet that Peak Fitness sucks and discouraging ppl from going there.

So Scott and I are going corporate this summer - I've just joined IBM's gym and Scott will join at his work as well... I did my first morning spinning class and it was awesome! I did my whole getting ready at work thing and overall, I really liked it and feel great here at work. It does take a lot of planning since I have to pack lunch, clothes, shower stuff, towel and the list goes on and on... but it's worth it! And traffic at 6:15am is way better than at 7:45, you know!? Oh, and I figure one less shower at home = less water bill. Wow, I'm a cheapskate.

Scott's up in PA for a few days to spend some time with his family before he starts his new job on Monday.

For those Jame & Scott trivia buffs out there, today is in fact our 10 year dating anniversary. Yeah, I know. When we started dating, we were 16 and 17. Need I go on or will I just make everyone (including me) feel very old? Ahh, those are good memories. We watched Scream 2 on video (remember those?) at my old house.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Aw, that's cute. We started dating in HS too. We've been together about 8.5 years.

Congratulations on 10 yrs together!!

KA said...

Congratulations on your 10-year dating anniversary! And, uh, it makes me feel super old to know that you were in high school 10 years ago, m'kay? ;)