Sunday, June 22, 2008

Race for the Cure

So, one week late, here are some pics from the Race for the Cure last weekend! My sister and I decided to do this 5K a few months ago - it was her first race and she did a great job! I also ran with a few of my NC running buddies. And of course we had our all-male cheering and photography squad to support us!!

Sister shot! Me & Ash pre-race. Oh, and the race STARTED at 7 so this was maybe like the earliest picture ever taken of the two of us together.

The crew w/ the runners - Scott, me, Dad, Ash & Rob. It looks like we're at the circus w/ the tents and stuff, but it was a race, I promise.

My runner friends! We did the Jingle Bell run together in December and do some training runs sporadically. Me, Jackie, Melora, Amy & Kathleen.

Me & Ash right at the start on Hillsborough... all energy at this point.

Here we come... nearing the home stretch and looking a little less energetic, and a little more sweaty.


I kinda like this one... I was veering off for water. I think I said something like "Uhh - need...wa...ter...uhhh" Sisters understand disjointed syllables like this, you see.

Then we headed to my parents' house where my mom prepared a delicious breakfast for the champions :). Even though it was really early (wake up time was 5:00am), the race was really good!

No comments: